Fuel/Air mix

Recently adjusted the mixture screws on my Carter AFB using a tach. Back out the screws until the RPM no longer increases. Have heard a better way is by using a vacuum gauge. Turn in the screws (more lean) until the vacuum just drops a little. Then back out 1/4 turn. Does this sound right?

mike

Reply to
goodnigh

Yes. I'v used that technique on Holley's for many years.

Reply to
.boB

The output from the exhaust pipes is unbalanced. That is a vacuum issue and not a RPM issue. To what port should attach the vacuum gauge?

mike

Reply to
goodnigh

I use unported manifold vacuum.