Lowering the control arm on 1965 mustang

Will using a 1" lowering spring give me the same benenfits as lowering the control arm on my 1965?

Thanks,

Reply to
lthreadgill

No. Changing the location of the a-arm changes the way the suspension reacts in the corners. It's sometimes called the Shelby Mod.

Reply to
.boB

No. On a car like a '65 mustang that simply lowers the body closer to the ground. The movement path of the wheel is unchanged. (unless it runs into the body because of the lowering of course) When the pivot point of control arms are moved, that path is changed.

Reply to
Brent P