fuel pump question?

Just got my 408 stroker running in my 70 Mach...I was told that the motor needed 7 psi at the carb. I decided to go mechanical...with a

130 gph Holley high perfomance fuel pump. When it's cold the fuel regulator shows 7-8 psi and she runs great! When it gets to running temp the psi steadily drops down to 3-4 psi. The tank is new, the 3/8" lines are clear, no pinched lines, and running a high gph inline filter.

This sounds like a fuel pump problem ????? or carb???? running a 750 Holley built by AED

All replies appreciated....Thanks.

Reply to
rick

Have you checked with AED or Holley? Quite often those folks know what's what and will give you the info for free, just for asking them. Go to the website(s) and find the "Contact Us" link. You might also check and Technical or FAQ sections they may have on their site.

Reply to
Spike

Switch your rubber lines to EFI lines. I suspect that when the line gets warm, it softens. The high volume pump creates enough suction to flatten the line.

-- .boB

2006 FXDI hot rod 2001 Dodge Dakota QC 5.9/4x4/3.92 1966 Mustang Coupe - Daily Driver 1965 FFR Cobra - 427W EFI, Damn Fast.
Reply to
.boB