Fun with the fox a/c

I had an idea that, if it could work, would turn out very cool I think. I'm very partial to the four-eyed cars. My only complaints
are the radio and a/c switch locations. I was wondering if anyone has swaped the 87+ a/c switches (and possibly more necessary parts) into the 86 radio location. I'm sure it would take some fabrication, but I'm mainly worried about the wiring and cables. Ditching the 86 a/c switch assembly would open up a lot of space high in the dash for the radio. :-) Is anyone familiar with both setups? Would this be doable or a nightmare?
brian
Maybe this isn't quite what you're looking for but I swapped in AC to my '87 car. You just leave the entire control panel connected to the AC/ heater housing and sneak the controls onto the dash still connected. That being said if you already have the A/C you'll need to see how the cables and bellcranks on the '87 up box compare to the '86 ones. AFAIK the '86 A/C heater boxes are the same as '87 up so if you get the controls and all the cables and vacuum lines it should be doable. BTW '87 heater controls are Taurus p/n. StuK