Gears or subs?

Oh yea, it's a biggie. You will notice as much difference from the subs & strut tower brace as you did from the gears.

Combine them and you will have to walk around with a newspaper on your lap for a week.

Kate

| > Joe wrote: | > > Absolutely. With subs, a g-trac bar, and a strut tower brace, my car | > > felt like a new car. The lowered springs just made it all that much | > > sweeter. | > >

| > > One thing to mention is that you feel suspension mods 100% of the | > > time. You feel power/gear mods only when you get on it. | > >

| > > Joe | > > Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies | > > Black '03 Daktota 5.9 R/T CC | > >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

If the car's on a lift with the wheels hanging free, the unibody may not be in the same state as if the car were sitting normally on the ground. You want to have the subs welded on with the unibody normally "loaded" with the wheels supporting the car.

wrote in news:cdsKc.3515$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com:

Reply to
Joe

Lmfao!! Well, on this check I'm going to buy a speedcal to fix my speedometer.. but then I'm definitely going to get subframe connectors. I've still got my mind set on GW subframe connectors.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Have you looked at the Steeda chromolly (spy) ??? Weld ons, of course.

Kate

| > Combine them and you will have to walk around with a newspaper on your lap | > for a week. | >

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

That's what I've got, except of course they're for the Fox body style. I also have the g-load brace, the sport springs, and non-adjustable Tokicos. Great stuff.

"SVTKate" wrote in news:MRBKc.3289$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Reply to
Joe

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 18:16:49 GMT, wrote: | Yeah... I really do want subs.. just can't afford 'em this check. Gotta wait | another 2-4 weeks.

well if it is really only 2-4 weeks, does it _really_ matter at this point? if it makes sense for your wallet to get gears i say get them, and promise not to step into 'her until you get the SFC welded in.

and while we're on beefing things up, don't forget a shock tower brace and k-frame strengtheners, if you don't have them already.

Reply to
bitbucket

I already have gears.

-Mike