Buick Dashboard Illumination Level "Flaky"

Hello,

Have a brand new 2009 Buick LaCrosse.

The dashboard illumination keeps changing. Sometimes quite bright, and other times very dim.

Seems quite random, and am finding it hard to correlate the changes with either dim or totally dark conditions. Really seems random.

Am sure that when I take it back to Dealer they won't find anything due to the random nature of the changes. But will of course ask them. Sure is annoying.

I read on one of the Buick forums that this condition has apparently existed from way back in 2005. And I guess still exists now.

Anyone know anything about this, or if a Service Bull has been issued on it ?

I'll append a few of the older msg's concerning this that I came across below. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

---------------------------------- We have a 2005 LaCrosse CSX, like the car very much. But we have a problem with the "Driver Information Center" located in the speedometer module. Whenever we encounter a low light situation, such as in the late evening or early morning the display will go from normal brightness to so dim it cannot be read. This condition may last from 10 to as much as 50 miles, until it is dark or bright daylight then the display will gradually increase in brightness. Any one else have this problem, is there a fix, we have complained everytime the car has been in for major service (3 times).

The dealer claims they cannot duplicate the problem and have no clue what the problem is. This is a minor problem but very frustrating! Anyone have any ideas?

Re: LaCrosse driver info center problem I have a 06 lacrosse csx with 7800 miles. I have the same problem that you have. Like you say it's a minor problem & I haven't bothered to look into it as of yet. It must have something to do with the light sensor located on the dashboard. You can try cleaning the plastic cover over the sensor to remove any film that may be blocking the light from getting to the sensor.

Re: LaCrosse driver info center problem I have the same "minor" problem on my '06 LaCrosse. There is no pattern when this will take place. It could start in the garage with I first start the car, or it may do it when driving down the street/highway at any time of the day. The instruments lights may go dim, but the highway/driving lights still are bright.

I haven't taken it to the Buick dealer, for they are noted to tear everything apart, and make matters worse. I've ran a check with various testers and cannot locate any malfunctions. Maybe Buick will finally come up with a TBS.

Reply to
Robert11