Get Your Thunderbird Postage Stamp Now

Last week, the Ford Thunderbird celebrated the 'first day of issuance' as an official United States Postal Stamp, honored as one of the five sporty cars of the 1950s. The entire stamp collection will celebrate "America on the Move: 50's Sporty Cars," giving tribute to Ford Thunderbird, the 1954 Kaiser Darrin, a 1953 Chevrolet Corvette, a

1952 Nash Healey and a 1953 Studebaker Starlight. The Thunderbird stamp was illustrated by Art Fitzpatrick. Art Fitzpatrick has had a long and colorful history working in automotive advertising over the course of almost three decades. The sporty cars of the 1950s stamps went on sale this week at post offices nationwide and online at

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

Man! When it came out, I thought the 53 coupe was just about the most beautiful car EVER! And they still are.

I always thought about buying one when I got the money ... but by that time (1966), the 57 Chevy was the thing and I fell in love with the classic black BelAir 2 dr HT.

And I had ridden in an acquaintance's 57 Golden Hawk. FAST and strong.. but a rattle-trap POS when it came to fit and finish. Which is what REALLY did Stude in, btw!

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1125528550.412214.159720 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic