Good mechanic?

My 99 GT is running a little rough. Should I go to a dealer or are most ASE certified shops competent?

Any recs for good mechanics near downtown Houston or Montrose area?

Thanks.

Reply to
Zen Cohen

Twere it me, I'd find a place that seems competent (if based on nothing more then visual looks) and see what they want for diagnosing the problem. If they come up with a reasonable sounding diagnosis and a reasonable price I'd let them fix it. If they come up with something that just doesn't sound right and costs a ton of money, then I'd run it over to Ford. In the end, that might cost as much as if you took it to Ford in the first place since you wind up paying two diagnostic fees, but I'm always leery of taking my car to the dealer since they seem to always be so high priced on everything.

-- Jim '88 LX 5.0 (now in car heaven) '89 LX 5.0 vert '99 GT 35th Anniversery Edition - Silver Mods to date - Relocated trunk release to drivers side, shortened throttle cable, PIAA Driving lights.

Reply to
AZGuy