Philadelphia mechanic?

Any recommendations for a good Subaru mechanic, or even dealer, in the Philadelphia PA area? Thanks!

Reply to
jharno

Try asking in the Tri-State forum on

and also check the Dealer Reviews forum there.

Reply to
mulder

My dealer, Matt Sapp Subaru, in Newark, DE seems to have a pretty good shop. It was completely upgraded a couple of years ago. Frank

Reply to
Frank

Thanks Frank. I'm hoping to find something a little closer to home.

Reply to
jharno

Equally important might be who NOT to go to so I will offer this. My dealer is A & T Subaru in Sellersville, PA. Overall friendly staff but it seems that there is always something wrong or not resolved after my visits.

I've gotten the usual "not able to reproduce" on a couple of my complaints but more irritating even is things like I had a gas filler door replaced once and they damaged the body of the car - they repaired it but I worked with them an really bent over backwards working with thier body shop to get the work done & got nothing extra for A LOT of inconvenience. Also, I recently had some warranty work done replacing on a speaker and not only did they damage a door panel repairing the speaker but when I rescheduled to get that repaired they put the door back together poorly and now there is a fastener & an access cover that keep coming out so I'll be revisiting them to deal with those issues.

I will say their body shop is AWESOME. Unfortunately I've had to use them twice now on my 2003 Baja and they do great work, for a great price - including paintless dent repair.

Reply to
phillystyle

I've had pretty good luck with Glanzman Subaru in Jenkintown and Colonial in Feasterville. Glanzman does nothing but Subies, while Colonial is a VW/Subaru dealer. I'd give the edge to Glanzman. Also, if you work in the city, they'll drop you off at the Jenkintown train station so you can commute in. If you bought your Subaru there they do free loaners, too (we bought both our OBWs at Colonial).

Reply to
BrianW

Reply to
jharno