Good Mustang shop in or near Baltimore?

I desperately need a good shop to take my mostly stock 91'GT. My clutch is getting worn out and I would like a new one put in but I do not trust the Ford dealer to do it properly. I took my car there before and they somehow give me the impression to not really know how to deal with this car. They did an ok job replacings things like the O2 sensors but that's about as far I as I trust them The car is in great shape but getting a bit old... could use a new exhaust, better brakes, and a new clutch. Where should I get this done around here? Any suggestions?

Reply to
Nor

The Ford dealership should be able to handle this issue with ease. This is what they're trained to do, after all. If you don't feel comfortable with your local Ford dealer, you could try another, or you could try a local independant shop. Installing a clutch on a Fox GT is relatively simple - the hardest part (for me at least) is getting the exhaust off. And, since you said you want new exhaust, maybe you could replace it all at the same time and save yourself some labor hours?

This is an afternoon's worth of work, even with jackstands in your home garage... so with a lift, it shouldn't take too long. I've done plenty of 'em.

JS

Reply to
JS