Good News!( And a warning to all ya'll down south)

The Redheaded Car Killer and my fabulous little grandson will be moving here to Tennessee! I am so completely excited I can barely stand it, they will be here in 10 days.

The funny thing is, while she was out here we went to the track. One poor ol suth'n boy became completely enamored with her and has been to our house twice for supper and a couple of times to visit since she left (only couple of weeks ago) and has been calling her (and us) at least three times a week.

*laughing loudly*

Are you ready for this?

He's going to teach her how to drive his race car! Uhh... he drives a pretty fast SS Camaro, and hell, I don't know what his race car is but whatever it is... it's a Chebby. Do ya think it could be the little head doin the thinkin here ??? LOL!

RUN BOYS! RUN!!!!!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Cobra Boy

Aww hell, he's a nice kid! Smart as a whip, nearly has his degree in business management and has a great sense of humor. HAH! He's a redhead too, he could be my redheaded step child LOL

I'll keep him as an adopted son, even if they decide they are just buddies :) After all, I'm not sure he has ever DRIVEN a Cobra... maybe I should let him give her a run.

Kate

10 : > days. : >

: > The funny thing is, while she was out here we went to the track. : > One poor ol suth'n boy became completely enamored with her and has been to : > our house twice for supper and a couple of times to visit since she left : > (only couple of weeks ago) and has been calling her (and us) at least : three : > times a week. : >

: > *laughing loudly* : >

: > Are you ready for this? : >

: > He's going to teach her how to drive his race car! : > Uhh... he drives a pretty fast SS Camaro, and hell, I don't know what his : > race car is but whatever it is... it's a Chebby. : > Do ya think it could be the little head doin the thinkin here ??? LOL! : >

: > RUN BOYS! RUN!!!!! : >

: >

: > Kate : >

: >

: :

Reply to
SVTKate

And if she's going to kill another car, let it be his Chevy.

Emily has stopped bringing her dates home to meet us. I'm always afraid it's because they drive Camaros. Or, worse, Scions.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

: > I'll keep him as an adopted son, even if they decide they are just buddies : > :) : > After all, I'm not sure he has ever DRIVEN a Cobra... maybe I should let : > him : > give her a run. : >

: > Kate : : And if she's going to kill another car, let it be his Chevy. : : Emily has stopped bringing her dates home to meet us. I'm always afraid it's : because they drive Camaros. Or, worse, Scions. : : dwight :

I agree 100% about the Camaro instead of my car. Sooner or later her bad luck has to run out. I'm going to have to find her a cheapo little car though.

He was here again last night, Sunday supper at mom's house . We talked about it a little and he is determined to let/teach her how to drive his race car and to start with his Camaro. I reminded him that insurance does not usually cover if you crash during a speed event, He looked me and grinned and said "Yes momma" Sooooooooo Shame on HIM if something happens.

I can't imagine my kids never bringing home dates. They just know that is what is expected. I think they like to torture those poor boys by subjecting them to mom. It's kinda fun. They always ask me "what do you think mom?" I have actually had to run off a couple of the guys they have dated. One of them, when Kristen was 17, He was about 22. I knew him because he had dated her older sister a couple of years before, the creep. I looked him square in the eye and said "Hmm.. I think I know you! He said yea.... I said very firmly "I think you're a little too old to be dating my daughter.. can you spell JAILBAIT?" Funny thing, he made his escape and never called again. Well, now that one is married, the other a confirmed bachelor and Kristen on her way here, I suppose that it has changed some..

Reply to
SVTKate

I thought you ran away from CA to get away from the kids?

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

I did, but hell, not the little grandson!

[...]

Give it a week. He won't be as cute as you think.

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

"SVTKate" wrote in news:T1CQe.4110$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Sounds like he's alright.

Remember there is NOTHING particularly wrong with Chevvies... the problem is the people who tend to buy them! Like anyone who would put the pee-ing sticker on their car..

And there are always exceptions that prove the rule. Just as I have always bought Fords partially because my whole family is GM

He may not have known any better....

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

: : Sounds like he's alright. : : Remember there is NOTHING particularly wrong with Chevvies... the problem : is the people who tend to buy them! Like anyone who would put the pee-ing : sticker on their car.. : : And there are always exceptions that prove the rule. Just as I have always : bought Fords partially because my whole family is GM : : He may not have known any better....

I was an all Chevy gal till I bought my Bronco II in about 92. Loved the little beast. Then I met and married my Ford man, and have driven Fords exclusively. BUT not because I am so very brand loyal, because frankly I am a little tired of Fords.

I have been looking at cars lately, and actually going out of my way to look at everything but Fords. The GM products that I drove actually had fewer mechanical problems than my Fords have had but to be fair, the GM products were trucks with (one exception) and were in a constant state of modification so if there were problems they were not detected.

I'm bored with Ford.

Reply to
SVTKate

Oh, you're absolutely right! Little kids are a pain in the ass 80% of the time.

I have spent the last several days child proofing my home I am nervous to say the least about the little guy and all of my fresh painted walls, my antiques and so on. BUT He is still a lil feller, still my grandbaby and Kristen still my daughter. Gotta help if we can and if all goes well it won't be for long.

[...]

: > : >

: > : >

: >

: :