Got my GT!

oops, my bad - the standard wheels don't have the Pony logo ... unless you get the optional spinners. So get the spinners. :-)

-Bill J

95 GT
Reply to
Bill Jones

I love my yellow GT!!!

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
John H

Where did you find the spinners? I'm willing to look at something like that, 'cause maybe I can take the logo off. I don't want to spent the bucks for new wheels, especially since the ones I have are already the upgrades.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
John H

You're outa luck, at least for official Ford products. These both fit all

2005 Mustang wheels, except the 17" machined aluminum upgrade wheels. You'll have to look around and see if there's an aftermarket replacement for what you want. Maybe search The Mustang Source forums, or post there?

Spinners:

Replacement center caps with Pony logo:

-Bill J.

95 GT
Reply to
Bill Jones

I haven't posted any links yet, but I JUST took pics with the digital cam a few minutes back. I'll have 'em up later today. I'm new to this area of Maryland, and went out to local towns scouting the car washes and detail shops. Other than the self serves, I've yet to find something that looks promising. Even with the crap on the roads, I can't help making runs dow the twisty two lanes!

Reply to
JohnW

Reply to
JohnW

Thanks for the response Bill. I bought a '98 a few months ago, and think it's great. If I continue to enjoy this car as much as I have been there's a chance I'll be looking at the '06s when they come out, that's why I'm interested in the Shaker systems. $1300 got me thinking and prompted me to do a search. The Shaker 1000 adds 320W of continuous power to what's already there for the Shaker

500. When Ford says 500W & 1000W for the 2 systems they're talking peak power, and that's not a true guideline. RMS(continuous) is the correct way to rate amplifier power. For $1300 a person might be able to do better by going with aftermarket products. One site I checked said the 1000 increased the price by $1975... Ford's subwoofer enclosure in the trunk looks like it fits nicely though. If I get to that point I'll probably check to see what the enclosure itself(less speakers) will cost, and then go from there with other products. Shoot, in my '98 I added an enclosure with 2 10" subs and a 250W RMS amplifier for under $300. But that was used equipment, medium quality. The equipment new would have been at least double that.

Sidenote on the Shaker 1000: Someone in an earlier post said they couldn't turn the volume up as loud as they wanted. They said for the money they thought they should be able to turn it up louder(all the way?), and still have it sound good. All systems have limits. You'll find that different songs can be played louder than others, and different songs/artists/discs need to have different adjustments made to bass, treble, sub-fading, etc. Once you get the hang of fine tuning that 1000 it should shake pretty good!

Reply to
Sunset Sam

Thanks for the site, Bill. I may get some of the caps and just glue them over the logos on my wheels.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
John H

I've got one in stock. It's a 5 speed Premium in MINERAL GREY with DARK CHARCOAL LEATHER and the interior upgrade package. Ready for delivery at MSRP, trades welcome. It's the last one in stock. Email me for details.

Reply to
FredH

The hype is fading. Ford has the inventories on line and there are two GTs within 1/2 hour of me. There are a lot more with 6 cyls at those same dealers.

-John

Reply to
Generic