96 3.8 With check engine light on

My code reader read P0175 system too rich (bank 2). I then erased the code and the light went out.

What does this mean? Is it time for a new O2 sensor?

Reply to
Granville

If my memory serves me right I believe it could just be a bad plug. Try checking there first. If you need more get back to me.

Steve

Reply to
Warheits

Sometimes you just get freaky codes... Have you driven it a distance without it coming back?

Check here for possible causes..

Chuck

Sometimes you just get freaky codes... Have you driven it a distance without it coming back?

Check here for possible causes..of P0175

(I don't know why it didn't quote the first time around.. but here it is...)

Reply to
Chuck

Could be. But be also very suspicious of the PDFE valve that sits on top of your EGR valve. I think (for this year) it is held on by a single nut and has an electrical pigtail hookup of three wires. It sits right on top of the engine. (Once again, I think it does for that year) A malfunction with this valve can give rich and lean codes. This thing looks like a plastic box and if it still is a factory part it is gray in color. I wish I could remember the part number, but I think it starts with F2XXXXXXXX. Something like that anyway.

Reply to
Kruse