GTO vs Cobra

;-) Yea, I guess Pontiac has a history of this kind of behaviour, good point. But back in 1964 there wasn't an american car that would run with the GTO except for the ultra rare hemi Valiant back in 63. Very few of these were actually purchased. GTO vs. GTO - Pure marketing ploy that actually paid off. The Pontiac had no business being on the same track as the Ferrari and the Pontiac team knew it so they dropped in a juiced 421 to make it interesting. They succeded. Today is a different story though.

Jeff Foglietta

1967 Pontiac GTO 2004 Mustang GT

Reply to
Jeff

I kind of thought it looked like a Catera. But it's a damn fast car. That LS motor is nothing to scoff at.

"Cindy" wrote in news:8E6yc.30409$My6.12550@fed1read05:

Reply to
Joe

We know you Ford people don't like competition or aero dynamics, but if you can ever get your Mustang around the front of one, you'll see, they're a pretty hot car. The 05s are to be even hotter.

Reply to
KenpoMan

The reality was I DESTROYED every Camaro and Trans Am

Obviosly we never raced. I had a firebird for several years and never once lost to a Ford, let alone a Mustang.

Reply to
KenpoMan

Stock GT to stock Firebird or Camaro......KEEP DREAMING.

Reply to
scottso