Guess what I ran into today.

I picked up a 'stars&stripes' grill horse today and the guy I got it from had some gorgeous Stangs. From a Cobra replica to a 67 fastback with 427
hemi under the hood. As well as a few other vintage Pony's in various stages of restoration...
What really blew me away was when he opened his trailer. In there was an Azure Blue 2003 Mach 1 with only 66 miles on the clock. What makes it so special? It's the first Mach 1 to be VInned for 2003 and he showed me the paperwork to prove it. Talk about a collectors item.
--
_ 1995 Mustang V6 Coupe (Bright Blue)
|_| Member Modern Mustangs of North America (MMNA)

That bastard. That car should be out being driven daily with occassional burnouts and doughnuts in the parking lots. NO! The putz has to bore everyone to death with how stock it is and it not being driven the way it was meant to be. F#$&ing purist. Makes me wanna go find a Saleen SA-10, strip it down, minitub it, drop in the big Windsor it should have had to start with, and go rub it into Steve Slaeen's face and tell him it's just another Mustang.
Helmut Roner 1988 GT with no rearend in it.
at 11 Jul 2003, HELMUT RONER [ snipped-for-privacy@aol.com] wrote in

And that is why I am not revealing where it is Helmut. :-) BTW, he just got it and drove his wife to dinner in it. But then again, with all the Stangs he has, it is hard to decide which one to run.
Now this'll really make your day. He has an 03 Cobra engine and tranny and is looking for a used V6 vert to transplant that combo into. :-) Betch that thing will be driven hard...
--
_ 1995 Mustang V6 Coupe (Bright Blue)
|_| Member Modern Mustangs of North America (MMNA)
I have a nice V6 vert that as misfortune has it will probably have to be sold...
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/theflock/mustang /

Just what exactly is a 427 hemi? Ironhorse, HSB#96, SENS BS 2001 Ultraclassic with Sidecar 96 Custom bucket of bolts (gone but not forgotten)

SOHC 427 ?? Dave 90 GT Conv. AOD Flowmasters K&N front end crunched 00 GT Conv. AOD Flowmasters Yes, Both are blue !
On 12 Jul 2003 15:00:44 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.commie (Dave) wrote:

Normally called a cammer?
I have heard 427 fords called Side Oilers, Center Oilers, cammers, but never a Hemi. Me thinks the original poster dosn't know what he saw. Ironhorse, HSB#96, SENS BS 2001 Ultraclassic with Sidecar 96 Custom bucket of bolts (gone but not forgotten)
Actually, the Boss 429 looks like a "Hemi", and has been known to be called a 429 "Hemi" Ford by those who have no clue.................
Bill S.
Ironhorse wrote:

at 12 Jul 2003, Ironhorse [ snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com] wrote in wrote:

From what I was told, it's a Dodge engine he transplanted into thet Stang.
--
_ 1995 Mustang V6 Coupe (Bright Blue)
|_| Member Modern Mustangs of North America (MMNA)
No one is contesting the 427.... we're just wondering when it became a hemi.
Before the 427 Cobras were the 289 Cobras.... before that was the little known Sunbeam Tiger which first featured the 260 V8 and then the 289.....

In the Joe Weatherly Stock Car Museum in Darlington, SC, there is a 427 hi-rise 'semi-hemi' engine - developed to oppose the Dodge 426 Hemi - said engine never made it to the track due to NASCAR outlawing the Hemi, and the 427 would have been outlawed also under the new rules. The spark plugs go in thru the valve covers like a Hemi, so it's possible that he saw what he saw. Very few of these engines were actually produced (Bill S. probably has the production numbers).

that's