New stang owner looking for cleaning tips...

I just bought my first mustang last week. '06 V6 Vista Blue with the Pony Package. Prior to this car I've always driven around used economy vehicles with less that perfect paint jobs. Cleaning my car has never really been something that concerned me because the paint finish was usually already dull anyway. Now I've got this beauty and I'm paranoid to even touch it. It's got rain spots on in right now and I'd like to shine it up. What's the best way to clean? Something tells me I should avoid automatic washes?

I live near Vegas so it's VERY hot this time of year. 110 degrees isn't uncommon in the peak season. I know I should wait until the sun goes down to wash, but what products should I use and what should I avoid? Should I wax or not? And how often? Sponge or terry cloths? or something else? Someone told me I should wait at least a month before even attempting to wash because the paint takes a while to cure from the factory??

So I'm looking for tips on cleaning the exterior and interior as well as under the hood (do I even need to bother under the hood?) What do your guys use?

I've been thinking about trying out the Mr. Clean Car Wash stuff to begin with, but my major concern is using something that's too harsh and will dull my finish.

Reply to
triadiemus

Forgot to mention that I also have the tan leather interior so any tips that will be appreciated as well.

Reply to
triadiemus

Personally I like Zaino products. And I've used just about everything out there.

jmvannoy

Well I've used this called " Dri Wash` n Guard " on all my show Bikes tried it last weekend on my Stang and seems to work just fine. Good for glass as well sheds water really well and can dust off car with no problems. Last long time but it is expensive.

Reply to
lightnen