Heater Core

Last Jan. My core sprung a leak. I missed my warranty by a month but my miles were still relatively low so I talked with the local Ford service rep. guy. He made me an offer of $300.00 so I gladly let them deal with it. All better and a one year warranty on the core.

Fast forward to November, guess what? Green fluid running under the passenger side carpet! Dang, I moved 1000 miles north of the OC to the new OC, (Oregon City) so I locate the Ford store and explain the deal. Guy OKs the warranty! But, he says my Stang suffers from chronic electrolysis, and needs a complete flush and some kind of additive used in diesels. This runs me 120 clams :/ Not knowing, I OK it (plus I should support my local repair guy lol). Did I get ripped? Does anyone know the name of the diesel additive?

Reply to
Gill

You may want to invest the engine grounds. You may have a problem with electrolysis.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Ask if he is using the BG stuff in the flush. Its Excellent for iron blocks with Alum heads.

Reply to
Hooked 87

Excellent in what way? Does it neutralize the electrolysis? Welcome to the group BTW

Reply to
Gill