NEWSFLASH!! John Coletti, SVT Head, "Retires"

Folks, this, IMO, is not good news! I had a feeling something was brewing inside Ford/SVT, I would never have guessed this.

-----news clip----

By Eric Mayne

Phil Martens, Ford vice president of product creation, says SVT is what it is today because of John Coletti.

Ford Motor Co.'s high-performance car guru, John Coletti, is retiring after 32 years with the company, a departure that leaves the automaker's Special Vehicle Team at a crossroads.

The charismatic Coletti, 55, will leave Ford this month as director of SVT, which gave birth to popular vehicles such as the SVT Mustang Cobra and F-150 Lightning.

Reply to
NoOption5L

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1102888886.935909.180930 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

retiring

extremely

delayed,

plan," he

DaimlerChrysler

considerable

products

launched

Mercury

launched

100,000

Patrick, I keep trying to tell you...

Joe

My guess is Coletti's planning to follow Caroll Shelby into the lucrative field of signing glove box doors at $50 apiece.

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
one80out