Help, 05GT doing something weird..

I love this car, really, I do.. but it has a little issue that is getting more irritating as the newness wears off.

On the highway, when I drop it into fourth and floor the throttle, it revs up and engages just fine, runs wide open for a second or less, then cuts out as if I take my foot off the pedal completely and immediately engages again to full accelleration.. It's never more than a second after I floor it, and never lasts for more than a measurable blip in time. The resulting jerk of this feels painful for the transmission and my neck as well.

It never does it in 1st or 2nd, only on the highway when dropping to

4th or 3rd. I have had it happen both when the traction control is on and also when it is off. It's not just as if I lift on the pedal a little, it's definitely a complete drop in throttle.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Reply to
2005GT

Dude,

THIS is why most REAL drivers use a stick!

I think it may be something with the injector or/and computer. Have your dealer take a look.

I never understand why someone would spend the money on a muscle car and not go manual. (The only excuse is if you get one of those sweet Lightning trucks).

Cheers, Johnny

2000 GT 'vert MANUAL
Reply to
Johnny Thunders Jr.

It's a 5-speed manual..

Reply to
2005GT

Reply to
Michael Seeley

I've had a similar problem when leaving a stop. Car starts to accelerate, cuts out (quick jerk) for a half-second, then picks right up again. It's happened twice and is one of the things I'll tell the dealer when it goes in for the 5000 mile service.

Reply to
PocoLoco

Seems Ford programed a little "Lag" into the fly by wire throttle to keep people from mailing the motor revs too much. Check out this thread.

Gill