I must be doing something wrong - OT

My log book says I've been working on my car for 868 hours and I still have a couple dishpans full of bolts. For my birthday I got a cordless floresent trouble light. The package said

Up to 2 hours run time - Enough time for most DIY projects.

Maybe I should stick with the old plug in light. I must be doing something wrong.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Clark

Nice gift.

know that there have been cars lost to 120 vt unshielded trouble lights with fuel around. How many man-hours from experienced people go into a top show winner do you figure?

Karl

Bill Clark wrote:

Reply to
midlant

For the last 30 years os so, the only trouble light I have used is a rubber coated 120V bulb. When they break, they don't shatter. This new light is inside a plastic cover, so when it breaks it may not splatter as far. All my old drop lights have had a gyroscope in them that move the light away from where you need it just after you start to work. I'm hoping this new model has no gyro.

Hours in a top show winner depend on where you start and where you end. Making a nice daily driver from a solid car is going to be totally different than trying to make a show car out of a rat infested rust bucket with a blown engine. I've seen cars at some of the AACA shows where the owners say more than 1000 hours went into it, but I'm not sure what the average would be.

I know everything they do on the fantasy car shows is done in about thirty minutes by guys that never get dirty. If my light does not work out, I'll send it to them. Bill

Reply to
Bill Clark