Help: Brake distribution (prop) valve, 4 wheel disks

Getting my wife's "88 SVO convertible" back on road after neglecting it.. she wasnt driving it anyway.. and found the rear disks, {from SVO transplant} were barely doing anything to stop the car.

I need a new master cyl, evidently as the pedal drops slow.. but in going over research, realized I had never removed the stock 88 dist block piston seal and spring.

Took it apart and taking the seal off was easy, but how do you remove the spring?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Also... noted that (front to) rear brake line is severely rusted toward the rear, I want to replace the rusted section while I'm at it..I can rent a double flare tool but - is this metric or sae line?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic