Help.. Need photo 4.6 V8 (Un Modified)

Hello; If some one out there has a nice under hood shot of a 4.6l I would like to compare it to my 02 Mountaineer (I need an un-modified engine to compare placement of air box ect..).

It seems this vehicle has more incommon with the Mustang than it does with any other Ford, including explorer, F150 and Excursion.. I would really apreciate it if you would e-mail me off line first before sending photo though.

Thanks in advance Jason

Reply to
Jason

Well.. this is a DOHC... but still a 4.6

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top With a personal touch, or two.

SVTKate

'99 GT under the hood here -

Neil

Reply to
Neil Wagner

Hello; If some one out there has a nice under hood shot of a 4.6l I would like to compare it to my 02 Mountaineer (I need an un-modified engine to compare placement of air box ect..).

It seems this vehicle has more incommon with the Mustang than it does with any other Ford, including explorer, F150 and Excursion.. I would really apreciate it if you would e-mail me off line first before sending photo though.

Thanks in advance Jason

Reply to
Bill S

Yes it would be helpfull, the areas I am looking at are the intake from specifically around the air cleaner filter, I am already going to add a 1" spacer, and would also like to add CAI, Mustang seems to be the best match. Thanks

This is what I am trying comparing to...(copy paste links into your browser)

Jason

Reply to
Jason

I don't see it as being very closely related... not nearly enough to install a Mustang cold air kit... just my .02 cents.

-Mike

98 Mustang GT (yes, that's a 4.6L V8 as well)
Reply to
<memset

OK I conceed, their are diferences, like the DOHC ect.. but look at the pictuer above of the GT (unmodified), It uses a bullet type air filter box. Probably part number: A35290 Purolator, similiar to that of say a windstar. Now it does pull the air from the fender sweld but the mountaineer pulls it from behind the lights.. Not shure how efficeint this is but hey I didn't engineer the thing. The fender is a possibility though because it is hollow and provides ample room. The direction and style of the air intake is more of what I am concerned with. Modifications are alway's a neccesity... Here is a ref link:

Let me know if I am off base here or if it is possible.. Jason

Reply to
Jason