HELP: selecting options for a 2011 GT Premium convertible

I am trying to select options and price out a 2011 GT Premium
convertible. The problem I am having is that some of the options
cannot be selected with others, and this often makes little sense.
For example, my "ideal" car, disregarding options that are
incompatible, is listed below:
Ebony paint
58N - Electronics Package
*402A - Rapid Spec 402A (California Special)
*
55D - Brembo Brake Package
*946 - GT Convertible Accessory Package 6
53B - Comfort Group
51H - HID Headlamps
43S - Security Package
*
943 - Hood & Side Stripes
*77C - Rear Video Camera
Everything with a *
is incompatible with option 402A, which sucks.402A
is mostly cosmetic. So, my question is, what options CAN I choose
that will give me most, if not all, of the above? My end goal is try
get a convertble Mustang that has the hood scoops, side scoops, and
rear decklid/spoiler along with all the performance and tech options.
The closest I can come up with is this, but I am still not happy with
it, and was hoping someone out there knows more about the options to
help me out:
58N - Electronics Package
55D - Brembo Brake Package
*946 - GT Convertible Accessory Package 6
requires 13D
not combinable with 77C camera
53B - Comfort Group
51H - HID Headlamps
43S - Security Package
401A - Rapid Spec 401A (Premier trim)
943 - Hood & Side Stripes
not combinable with 946
*
77C - Rear Video Camera
not combinable with 946
13D - GT Spoiler Delete
required by 946
946 has the hood scoop, side scoop, and rear spoiler, but it means I
cannot get the rear camera or stripes (the latter is not a biggie). I
assume that 13D is because the stock spoiler contains the camera,
while the pedestal spoiler in 946 does not. Is the above the closest I
can get? That is, is there a way to get some of the nice interior
options available in 402A or 401A and still be able to get things like
Brembro brakes and the camera, or is the above the best I can do?
Thanks!
Please replace the "NoSpam" with "verizonbusiness" in my email address in order
to reply.
snipped-for-privacy@NoSpam.com Systems Engineer
Reply to
Joe Granto
You may want to reconsider the camera option. The rear vision camera option is primarily for old farts who cannot easily turn their heads to see the garbage cans they back into.
Reply to
Bob Willard
Or even the audible backup warning system (if available) that will warn you before you back over one of those low concrete barriers found in parking lots. :-) Dick in MN
Reply to
dickr2
The rear camera requires a special spoiler (it sits low and doesn't stand off the trunk like the others). I just got a GT Premium loaded with all that stuff and love it (I love gadgets). *Personally* I'm not into the "scoops" since they don't scoop anything and are completely worthless...but that's me.
You get what you get on the' Build Your Own' site. Nothing a sale manager or anyone can do. You just have to compromise on want you really want.
Ken
Reply to
Ken H

Site Timeline Threads