Help w/ 1985 Mustang ignition module

Does anybody know the best way to change out the ignition module?

As best as I can tell, there are two small hex-head screws holding the module to the distributor. But the hex-heads are recessed deeply into the plastic module body, and I can't get a socket into the recess.

Is there a special tool required? Any help?

Thanks a heap,

-jbb

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

Yes there is, I bought mine at a local Auto Zone. It is a special tool made only to change the TFI, around 5 bucks.

Reply to
Pepito

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Thanks for the info, and please excuse my ignorance:

What does "TFI" stand for?

-jbb

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

Thin Film Ignition. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Take a look in here...

..hope

..hope this helps.

Reply to
Pepito

"module to the distributor. But the hex-heads are recessed deeply into the

Yes, ther is. Its a small "Allen Style" torx head wrench that you can buy at any auto parts store.

Reply to
Mr. Ford