Help! Where to mount TDS spray nozzle?

The TDS (Tailgater Deterrence System) is quickly becoming a reality. I have most of the hardware and wiring installed, but I'm in a quandary about where to install the squirter nozzle. Any suggestions?

Let's put it this way: should I mount it where the tailgater can clearly see that it is intentional, or mount it in such a way that it will be unclear to the tailgater exactly where it came from. I'm leaning toward #1.

The TDS system incorporates powerful anti-tailgater protocols:

  1. When an annoying tailgater first appears, driver accelerates 2-3 mph, then drops back 2-3 mph a few times. This usually dislodges 5-10% of these morons.

  1. Next up: A dash-mounted pushbutton activates all 3 brake lights momentarily; to be used while accelerating from the tailgater. Should deter another 20% of these morons.

  2. When #1-3 does not work, drastic measures are to be taken. This system incorporates a trunk-mounted liquid tank and electric pump dispenser that will deliver any type of liquid to the tailgater's windshield via rubber hosing and a covertly mounted spray nozzle in the rear of the vehicle. The driver simply pushes the dash-mounted 'rear activation' button, and within just a few seconds, the dipshit tailgater will back off, turning his/her own wipers to clear their field of vision. Especially effective when accelerating at the same time, as with deterrent #2.

There you have it. I am currently photographing the entire installation process and parts needed, but I'm in a pickle as to where to mount the spray nozzle. I have some time on my hands right now, and wish to make this project a reality by the end of this weekend.

Thank you for your suggestions.

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

at 22 Apr 2004, JD Adams [ snipped-for-privacy@Softcom.Net] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

On an SN95 I'd mount it on the top of the bumper, right at the bottom of the licence plate. Maybe even two nozzles, one at either end. They are visible this way. Alternatively, same location but mounted upside down under the overhang above the license plate. More stealthy this way but I'm not sure if you can aim the nozzle high enough this way.

If part wise it's not to bag $$$ (U-Pull-It right?) I may install this myself. Nice reason to buy one of those ashtray switch plates.Hehehe! I can then also install your 'brake light activator' trick...

Reply to
Paul
** If part wise it's not to bag $$$ (U-Pull-It right?) I may install this ** myself. Nice reason to buy one of those ashtray switch plates.Hehehe! I ** can then also install your 'brake light activator' trick...

Oh, this will be a HOOT, I can assure you. It's going into the test mule: the Winter Beater. I'm sure I'll follow it up with something on Charlene later.

I just got done posting some pictures and such; check the website if you have time.

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

at 22 Apr 2004, JD Adams [ snipped-for-privacy@Softcom.Net] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Who are those 'pretty boys' on the front page? What a shock at 7AM before coffee. ;-)

I love the TDS page though....

Reply to
Paul

Mount it near the license plate lights. :-)

Reply to
Tungsten
** Mount it near the license plate lights. :-)

You're reading my mind. I'm thinking about drilling a small hole and mount one of the older 70's style metal spary nozzle right next to the plate, and paint it black so that they'll wonder for years, where in the HELL that stuff came from.

This is going to be good.

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams
** Who are those 'pretty boys' on the front page? What a shock at 7AM ** before coffee. ;-)

I'm not sure; I swiped it a long time ago. They's just good 'ol boys. Want to look good? Hang out with those two. I just hope they don't have a sister.

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

I wonder how effective raw diesel fuel would be if it was injected into a hot muffler/tailpipe? Ever get behind a bus or diesel powered car, that stuff is nasty!

Reply to
winze