washer nozzle adjustment

2000 Toyota Sienna.

How do you adjust the windshield washer fluid spritzer for the front? While I'm at it, can the rear spritzer be replaced somehow? The nozzle has fallen out and it just pours fluid out.

Reply to
badgolferman

I have the same prob when taking a wiz.

Reply to
Sharx35

I've used a paper clip straightened out and both clean and pivot/reaim the nozzle. Rear? Don't know - wrecking yard?

Reply to
ron

Have you actually done this with a Sienna? I'm asking because whatever I stuck in there wouldn't budge the nozzle. I have the same problem with my 97 Camry also. Neither one wants to move. My 94 Camry never had such problems.

Reply to
badgolferman

Use a thick sewing needle or safety pin to aim the nozzles. Insert the point into the nozzle, using the shank of the needle as a guide to where the spray will go. The nozzle usually gets stuck and will take some effort to adjust. It is like a ball and socket setup.

The rear nozzle is replaceable but you will probably have to remove the rear trim. I have not seen the Sienna but on most vehicles, the nozzle is held in place with a spring slip so if you're going to buy a new nozzle, get a new spring clip at the same time.

Reply to
Ray O

Most likely that is because most manufactures use nozzles, on their newer vehicles, that have a built in 'spinners' to better disburse the spray pattern and use less fluid. Try blowing backward through the nozzle, WBMA

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

~I've used a paper clip straightened out and both clean and pivot/reaim ~the nozzle. Rear? Don't know - wrecking yard?

I use one of the those push pins. They have a nice sharp end to put into the nozzle, and the big plastic pusher to move it about. They can get quite tight, so give it a little force. It's just a ball and socket which can easily oxidize together.

Reply to
Father Guido