TDS - Driver door power lock problem

I just bought a 99 Camry with TDS (no remotes.). The power lock on the driver door does not work -- the other power door locks work fine.

  1. Is the non-functioning driver door power lock possibly related to the non-functioning TDS?
  2. Where can I get replacement remotes for the TDS, and will this possibly cause the driver door power lock to work?
  3. Can I simply disconnect the TDS and replace with a standard keyless entry?

Any ideas are appreciated...

Reply to
Jimmy Eiland