TDS system update

A few may remember my TDS system that I was in the process of putting together to ward off moronic tailgaters.

A quick update. I ended up abandoning the squirter portion. The windshield washer pump didn't put out enough pressure or volume to deliver enough spray. I even went so far as to purchase 1/8" copper tubing to fashion custom squirt nozzles from. The pressure and flow were so anemic that I dropped from 2 nozzles to one, and though testing showed a 1.5 GPM flow rate delivered 8.5 feet behind the vehicle, at speeds over 20 mph, wind destroyed the spray pattern, forcing it downward; at 40+ mph, the wind directs it down so hard that all you end up with is a wet bumper. I'm contemplating installing a much larger 12v pump capable of delivering 5 GPM at 30+ psi, but installing something like this may be something I'll tackle this summer.

The taillight switch seems to be a success however. One driver I tested it on in a 25 mph. zone did indeed hit the brakes, as I accelerated a bit, leaving a safe gap between us. However, she quickly figured out what I had done, and almost immediately ROARED back onto my bumper, and tailgated me for several additional blocks before turning off and hoisting the big #1 out the window. What a nice lady!

I've also used this to very successfully ward off tailgaters who enjoy 'red-lighting' me through intersections. This occurs when I snag a yellow light, cross safely, and the idiot tailgater illegally crosses through too late, catching the red light. Hitting the button just as the light turns yellow ALWAYS causes the tailgater to hit his brakes, as I gently glide though the yellow light.

Another good use of the stoplight button is to encourage idiot tailgaters to pass when using the right lane, when used along with the right turn signal. Simply click on the signal, press the stoplight button, and almost instantly, Marty the Moron jogs left and passes. Works like a charm.

If anyone else successfully installs a working sprayer system in their car, I'd love to see how they did it. The problem for me was flow and pressure, and I'm sure both could be remedied by using a larger, stronger fluid pump.

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

I'd love to see a video of this from a rear-facing camera, with some sort of indicator of when the fake brake system is active. It'd probably be a riot. :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

A really tricked out system would involve some sort of hydraulic cylinder to lift the back end of the car as if to simulate a full load stop with weight transfer. That'd be more work than it would be worth... I'm sure the brakelights scare 'em off badly enough.

I still think having some obnoxiously bright brakelights might work too. I don't know what the laws are on that, but I could build a pretty fierce 3rd brakelight (or 4th in this case) that might do that trick.

JS

Reply to
JS

A 2 gallon fuel cell and a holley 'blue' pump(110 gph)& adjustable pressure regulator with 3/8 fuel line would do it!

Reply to
winze
** A 2 gallon fuel cell and a holley 'blue' pump(110 gph)& adjustable ** pressure regulator with 3/8 fuel line would do it!

All to squirt stale urine all over morons with an IQ less than their age. Satisfying, though expensive. Hmmm...an electric fuel pump, eh? 110 GPH would drown the suckers too. Hmmmm. Junkyard part maybe...Hmmm. Hmmmm.

-JD

________________________________________________________ | | | 1998 Laser Red GT RAMFM Member Since 1998 | | M-5400-A Suspension http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams || Subframe Connectors & Seat Bracing, Strut Tower Brace || 4-point K-frame Brace, Tremec T-45 & OEM 3.27:1 Gears ||________________________________________________________|

Reply to
JD Adams

Have you considered pumping raw diesel fuel into a hot muffler/tailpipe.

city bus style smoke screen at will!

Reply to
winze

Would be funny, but that would pollute as well as cause hell for other nearby drivers... shucks. Although the 110gph pump sounds funny LOL...

-Mike

Reply to
<memset