Help with 97 Mustang Alarm

I just purchased a few weeks ago a 97 Mustang GT. It has the special key that has to be programed to start the car and also a remote door/trunk set-up. I picked up a extra remote the other day, and surfed around the web on how to program it , hears the site if anybody needs it. New remote works great !!

My question is, while i was in the trunk finding the plug i needed to short out to program the remote, i noticed a place to install (i belive) a fatory alarm system, it was a plastic braket that had a open spot in front for the alarm to drop into, and on the other side braket was some kind of unit with wires going to it ??? I have looked around online/newsgroups and cannot find any good info to what i need to do/buy to get a alarm that will tie into the remote door/ trunk system, Any help??? Thanks Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

The open slot in the rack was for the anti-theft module if so optioned. The problem is with the wiring, the 96+ Mustangs were not max wired as they were in 94/95 so the wiring will NOT be in place for the module. The square box on the back side would be your keyless entry module (this is what you programmed for your new remote). The module can't be added without an extreme amount of wiring on the 94/95 cars without keyless entry or the 96+ without the keyless entry AND anti-theft module.

Hope this is helpful.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

Thanks for the info, looks like i would be better off with a aftermarket alarm since my Stag is not maxes wired, bummer

Reply to
Andrew

at 10 Aug 2004, Andrew [ snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That's what I did. Having a 1995 without factory alarm or power locks. I installed an aftermarket alarm, then grabbed some powerlock actuators on ebay for about $15 a pair and now have remote keyless entry. Check the website in my sig for how-tos.

I'm wondering if I could abuse a convertable top switch as a door lock/unlock switch in my central console. I believe that one is a momentary switch so a short tap on it should do the trick. Haven't foudn one in a local junkyard yet and don't want to spend money not knowing if it's work. I know I can get a generic momentary switch but I'd prefer to have something that appears stock. I'm still cursing myzelf for not buying a set off doors that came with P/L & P/W. ripping the innards out of them (They were purple)and installing those in my doors. For $100 that would have been a steal. Unfortunately at that time, my cashflow was non existent. :-(

Maybe I'll find a deal like that again nwo that my cashflow has improved...

Reply to
Paul

Paul... when you have money.. no good deals show up. It's always when you're broke that you find the deals. =(

-Mike

Reply to
<memset