Here we go....

Well in about 20-30 minutes ill be putting my long tube headers and off road X-pipe on my 03 mustang gt...i looked in chilton and it a 7.1 hour job(for doing borth exhaust manifold gaskets..wish me luck

Reply to
joe

Woohoo! Good luck! =D Let us know how it turns out!

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

It's a simple bolt on! Yeah, right. Long tube headers can be a frustrating and difficult job. I'll bet it6 takes you at least two days, and probably three. So my point is not to discourage you, but to encourage you. It's a tough job, but well worth doing. Hang in there, take your time, and take breaks often.

Reply to
.boB

Reply to
joe

Hey Joe,

I've lost lots of skin doing these(remember to wipe the blood off of everything before it dries, as it stains)....The best thing to do is drop down the main cradle while supporting the engine from above (similar to how they do it with front wheel drive cars when replacing transaxles). Still not going to be easy, and expect it to take at least

7-9 hours with the right shop equipment. I do feel your pain............

Sincerely,

Bill S.

joe wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Reply to
joe

Yes, drop the starter, loosen up the engine mounts and jack the motor up an inch or two if you can as well to give you just a bit more room to finagle things around.............

Sincerely,

Bill S.

joe wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Good luck! I helped a buddy of mine do hooker longtubes on his 98, never again.

--

1_bad_gt

1_bad_gt