Hmm.. might just need top of 67 rad support?

Anyone have a car they'd cut that off of? Or let me cut it off.. I could take a picture and show you how much I need.. Thanks

Reply to
Johnny K

Johnny,

Don't take this the wrong way, but stop trying to be such a cheap bastard and get yourself the correct replacement for $69.95 already. The more you hack up the car, and patch it with bits and pieces, the less chance your going to have of having a safe car to drive when your done....................Remember, anything worth doing, is worth doing right hte first time..............................

Bill S.

Johnny K wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Don't take that the wrong way? I see...

Ever piece I have replaced so far has been a correct replacement.. Floors are repro, extensi> Johnny,

Reply to
Johnny K

Remember Johnny, you car is a unibody construction...Each and every large piece of the car has some type of structural integrity involved in it...................Do it right................Do it once....................Hopefully never have to do it again.......................

Bill S.

Johnny K wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

The weight of teh 390 in my 67 fastback caused the shock towers to move towards each other over the years. To fix this I put the car on a frame rack and pulled until the car had the correct dimensions again, then put on the triple gusseted brace that was used on the Shelbys. The most interesting part of the process was when the car was bolted to the frame rack and I pulled on the top of the shock towers, the ROOF of the car moved A LOT.

I agree. From this side of the project full replacement of the core support looks like a lot of work. Once its done, though, it will be more structurally sound.

Reply to
Yen