How much a gallon of gas in your neck of the woods?

I just paid $2.139 the other day for 94 octane in Cherry Hill, NJ. I was enjoying that particular gas station for a few weeks as they were selling 94 octane for $1.809, only 3 cents more than 93 octane, when everyone else was selling 94 for $1.95. Then prices skyrocketed on all grades and they marked up 94 octane to about the same as everyone else.

I've just flat out stopped caring what I spend on gas. It doesn't matter. It's well worth paying $2.139/gal getting 12/15 MPG to be able to drive my Galaxie again. Finally a car that just works. Yeah I need to tinker now and again, or adjust this or that, but I can do it at my convenience. Not like my lousy Honda Prelude or my half-assed Olds Calais. Lousy modern econo-boxes.

I can't even tell you how many mornings I was late to work becasue of one thing or another. Like with the damn Olds, I had to dump gas down the throttle body to get it started on extremely cold mornings. Yes, you heard me right, the throttle body, as in _fuel injection_. Eventually with either of the cars I would get up a half hour early so I would ahve time to get the car runing. I cant' tell you what a relief it is to have a car that _just works_. My '68 Galaxie has never left me stranded or made me late for work. Every morning, even when it's below 0* out, it will start.

When it needs attention I can usually do it at my own convenience (within reason). Like right now I have a few rocker arms tapping. I gotta re-adjust them. No big deal, I'm gonna try to get up early enough to do it in the morning, but it still got me to work and back today. Anyway, I'd take my '68 Galaxie over a modern car any day. Too much trouble with modern cars, and when something breaks, I'm stranded. When something breaks on my Galaxie, I fix it. If I don't have the right parts with me I've always been able to make something work long enough to get me to a place where I can get the parts. It's great to finally have a real car again. One that won't leave me late or stranded. One which I can actually stretch out in and carry almost anything with me.

Cory

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

Canuck bucks Jim? I figured it to approx. $2.50US / US gal...with the exchange ( I used 0.75 for an avg ).

Paying 96.5/litre for 94... $3.51cdn / US gal... around $2.63US / US gal..and thats on the rise... heard it went over $1.04cdn (94 octane) on the weekend in Toronto and will probably go up again this week just in time for the long weekend on the 24th.

We're trying to work a new strategy for boycotts.. rather than the rotating ones. Just pick one a boycott it for an indefinite period of time. Esso is our flavour of the year. Problem is, here in Canada as you know we just don't have the population that the US has to make a major impact on the petro companies.

Aaaannnnd .. when do we get our GST rebates for all that gas we pump at the self-serve stations?

Reply to
Jafo

Yea, that's about right in the Sacramento area too.

Reply to
Me
1.86 for 87 at Wal Mart's Gas Station here in McAlester, Oklahoma 1.83 if you use a gift card to purchase it. John

Reply to
Wulfdog

Wish we could get 94 octane here in northern California. Best I can find is only 91.

Reply to
Me

$1.999 for regular. Southwest corner of the Kansas City metro area.

Reply to
Mark Jones

REG. $1.92 MID. ARM PREM. LEG

I saw reg. for $1.79 20 miles down the road at a little hole in the wall store thursday, gas is always cheaper there, makes me wonder how they underprice the big companies, FWIW I've bought gas there several times and quality doesn't seem to be an issue.

Reply to
winze

Grand Rapids area

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

In Midland, Michigan it's 2.119 for 89 octane.

Reply to
John

In Buzzards Bay Massachusetts 87 octane is $1.99. The big brand names are $2.07.

Martin

2002GT 5spd 239.6 rwhp 276.3 rwtq
Reply to
Martin
2.14 michigan near houghton lake.. ~stew~
Reply to
stew

Albany, CA (next to Berkeley): 89 octane at ARCO (the low price leader): Saturday May 8: $2.36 Tuesday May 15: $2.40

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

San Diego, cheapest place I can find is $2.25 for 87 and $2.43 for 91. That is MUCH lower than the branded places, mebbe 10 cents a gallon lower or more.

Gumby619

I can't drive it, its broke!

Reply to
Gumby619

$2.59 for 87 here on P.C.H. in Malibu, CA. Always the most expensive anyway 'cos it's at the beach, but inland it's around $2.43

Reply to
Scudder

My daughter has cheerleader competition at Houghton Lake a couple times a year. Nice area!

Reply to
John

hmmm.... depends on the station.

Shell: 2.099 for regular ghetto gas station that i usually go to: 1.949 (up from a few days ago at

1.889) regular. gas station in an even worse ghetto: 1.759 regular.

but it seems the norm around here is 1.999-2.099. it fluctuates.

the area of course... Miami

Reply to
Snowy Rose

"Snowy Rose" wrote in news:eKyqc.14472$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Where's that ghetto station? Best I've found on my way to work is Westar on Sunset at 97th - 1.999/gallon today. Yesterday it was

1.979. Most of Broward is over $2 now.

Joe Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies Black '03 Daktota 5.9 R/T CC

Reply to
Joe

its on 441 just a few blocks north of Miami Gardens Drive. Its on the left side heading north right between the post office and a burger king. ::groans... can't remember the street number::

you have to pay inside since they don't take cards at the pump. the station that was 1.759 is right off the 826 between 57 and 67th ave, thought it might have been 47th; I was headed somewhere and out of the corner of my eye say the cheap price and thus couldn't register its correct location.

patricia

Reply to
Snowy Rose

Ft Collins, Co.

$1.94 at most stations for Reg unleaded

Gerry

Ft Collins

Reply to
Gerry

Just went up here again, $2.27 for 87 now

Gumby619

I can paint that??

Reply to
Gumby619