TECH: Suspension Upgrades - 02GT

I've got the itch to up my suspension this weekend on my Black 2002

5sp GT Convertible. I've had a new set of Steeda sport springs in my garage since October, and I'm puttin' them on. I don't have any shocks/struts though, and I want some. I did Tokico blues in the front of my '95 V6, and I loved them.

  1. What to RAMFMers recommend?

  1. I'm cheap.
  2. I'm in a hurry. I want them delivered to my door by Friday.

Where should I go? I'm looking at eBay, and am mildly impressed with the Mach 1 Tokicos or the KYB GR-2s.

Thx,

-john

Reply to
John Witham

your shocks, springs, and swaybars should be a matched set. Since you al ready have Steeda springs I'd call Steeda nd see what they recomend. If you didn't all ready have the Steeda springs the Bullit kit is a setup for just over $400 for everything.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Steeda will recommend Tokico Illumina in most cases and you can save about a $100 by shopping around.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon

Koni.

Tockicos are good, and have had excellent reviews here.

Summitt or Jegs should be able to give you a good price and quick delivery. Heck, Steeda should be able to advise you on this, since you already have their springs. How much of a drop are you going to get, if any?

Vic

2kGT 5m blk suspension upgrades
Victor DiMichina

Thanks for the replies!

Thanks, now that I mentally review, I did KONI blues in my '95, not Tokico. I think those are the ones I should save/shoot for.

I decided to sit this round out for shocks on my 'stang and just do the springs, because the suspension in my 98 S10 is totally shot. I actually ordered a 2/3 drop kit w/ shocks from Summit today, shipping to me by Friday. Fun suspension weekend coming up!

The drop question... This is where I need some input. On my '95, I threw out all the spring isolators (front and rear), because I was young and wanted a lower drop. I've never had any problems with the car (still own it - for now), and I'm wondering how bad a thing that is? The guides I've read say to transfer them to the new springs.

Also, Do I need to get the beast re-aligned after I do the springs? I did a 4 wheel alignment when I did the '95, but it's occuring to me I'm not touching the c/c adjustment, just removing and replacing shocks/springs.

Thanks again!

-john

Reply to
John Witham