I Must Say This Looks Good!

This is a pretty neat Mustang.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Michael Johnson

's the Twister, I'd use the 13K for...more useful stuff.

Reply to
GILL

They want $13k for those mods? I bet they can't find 96 buyers at that price.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

You would think, and I sure as Hell won't get sucked into a Twister. First of all, the old Twister seemed to be an East Coast thing as I never heard of them till I subscribed to RAMFM and they just look like a decal billboard. And that Glassback thing....ugh. People are going goofy over name plates like Shelby and Saleen. My car can still run with their offerings sans the GT500, and it cost me much less. Not that I don't want a GT500, or a Saleen Parnelli Jones, but I just don't have that kind of Mad Money. Besides, I just got a Porter-Cable car buffer and after the first stage of buffing, my car looks brand new again. Tomorrow it should look better than new after a few more passes.

Reply to
GILL

I still have the original paint on my '89 LX and it looks pretty good. It's amazing what a little power buffing can do.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

"GILL" wrote

The original Twister Specials were a group of 96 specially ordered and consecutively numbered 1970 Mach 1's. A promotional Mustang made exclusively for the Ford Kansas City Sales District dealers. They were anything but a "decal billboard". 48 of them came with 428 SCJ engines, drag pack, competition suspension, power front disk brakes, shaker hood scoop and Goodyear F70x14 Raised White Letter Polyglass tires. The rest came with the new 351C 4V. Half the order was equipped with C6 automatic transmissions and

3.91 traction-lok differentials. The other half got four-speed manual transmissions and 4.30 traction-loks. I dont know the breakdown on which engines got which drivelines, but you have to agree that they were no "billboards", but some serious little ponies.

Scott W.

1968 Ranchero 500 1969 Sportsroof Mustang
Reply to
Scott W.

Yea, we scuff at these cars as overpriced and nothing but a decal kit, but for the guy that opens up a garage 30 years from now and finds a dust covered, all-original, 1 of 96 Twister Mustang I'll bet he's going to be drooling out of his mouth and muttering goo goo ga ga...

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Sorry, I was talking about this new Twister, like I said, I don't know much about the original. Still, it doesn't do the old much justice. Be it a Mach I with stickers or not.

Reply to
none

Saying WHY? WHY?! Just kidding.

Reply to