I want a set of these!!!!

Royal Windsor 32-Valve Cylinder Heads for your Small Block Ford

They claim these heads flow better than having a blower, at around the price of a blower. Can you imagine what these things would do with a blower yet? I'd sure like to see some actual dyno sheets before and after the install though.

Reply to
GEB

These sound really cool, but I'm having problems with the math. I understand the claim that twice the valves, with half the diameter, have the same valve circumference as a single valve twice the diameter. That math is easy. They also claim they're already flowing 50% more at .05"? The volume of the column of air would be the same for both the 4v and 2v heads at the same lift because the circumference is the same either way, right? So the flow would be the same, right?

They also claim that there is more valve surface area than with 2v heads. This is flat out false. This math is easy to prove. radius x radius x pi. A single 2v valve is almost twice the surface area of two 4v valves. The easiest way to prove this without even using math is to get yourself two 4" speakers and put them side by side on top of an 8" speaker. There's NO WAY those small speakers are BIGGER than the 8".

I would definitely have to see the dyno proof before I sank that much into a set of these heads. The engineering put into these heads is amazing and if they work....Awesome! But it would be really easy to get sucked into the "wow" factor on these without checking the claims first.

Scott Williams '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams

Don't Ford small block heads have 1.94" intake and 1.54" exhaust valves? I think that's where they're claiming increased flow comes from. Sounds like you're comparing the 4v heads with a 2v head that has a

3.3" intake and a 2.8" exhaust. (the 'equivalent' they used in describing two 1.65" intakes and two 1.4" exhausts) Take two 4" speakers and put them side by side on a 5" speaker and you might get a better picture.
Reply to
Nick Burns

"Scott Williams" wrote in a message:

I think you missed the point. With two 1.65" intake valves, you have the same as having a single 3.3" valve, and two 1.4" exhaust valves would be the same as having a single 2.8" valve. Show me a set of heads that has valve area that compares to these heads. The formula they used was " Diameter of the valves x height of lift". I think they were showing flow rate with that formula. Now taking the formula they referred to, take 3.3" and times it by the lift of the cam, and taking into consideration the runner length of the head & intake, these heads will move a considerable amount of air/fuel into the combustion chamber. The other thing they claim is that they will move considerably more fuel in the early stages of the valve opening, compared to a 2 valve head. But I too would like to see dyno sheets before and after installation. But in theory, it looks like it should work.

Reply to
GEB

Man, I wasn't even thinking what the "stock" valve size is. Sheesh, answered my own question.

Now with that much flow, wouldn't you run into problems like on the big valve 351C 4 barrel heads? All high RPM power? Terrible for the street?

Scott Williams '66 HCS

flow

Reply to
Scott Williams

You don't, because the smaller valves increase the flow velocity as well.

Reply to
.boB

Cool, and fuel efficiency to boot.

Scott Williams '66 HCS