Intake-low end torque

Any thoughts on which intake has better low end torque for a street car, edelbrock or trick flow?

Reply to
Gordon McLeer

Car? Engine? Induction type? Which models are you comparing?

I had an SEFI Trick Flow Track Heat intake. As the name implies, this is not for a street car - torque is moved way up the scale. I'm not even sure the Street Heat is viable on an otherwise stock 5.0.

That said... your intake is not your bottleneck. Sure, you could probably gain a couple ponies by swapping on a hot intake, but your returns will be limited by the big restriction that your top end faces - the stock heads. A set of Edelbrock or Trick Flow heads will help your situation out a lot more, albeit at a much lighter wallet weight.

JS

Reply to
JS

None of the above, on an otherwise stock engine the OEM manifold delivers the most torque at the lowest RPM. (Test results from a 5.0 Mustang shootout article)

Reply to
Ironrod