T5 into Early Fox Chassis

Am restoring my 79 Turbo (TRX/Cobra trim) and have picked up a T5 to replace the RAD. Anyone know of a conversion kit for the speedo cable either at the gearabox or the speedo? Thanks...Dave

Reply to
David

Do you mean SROD? 4-speed overdrive trans? If so, the speedometer cable will work - converted an '83 5.0 Capri w/ SROD to T5 and used the stock speedo cable.

If it's a completely different issue altogether, you might want to try to just get a new speedometer cable from a T-5 equipped car. It should mate to your speedometer just fine, and then there will be no kits or worries. Parts are available in junkyards everywhere. I think the C4/AOD cables might work too. Just make sure you have the right driven gear (gear at the end of the cable) for the rear end ratio you have.

JS

Reply to
JS