Is anyone going to Nashville?

For the Mustang Rally this weekend?

Just curious.

Jason

Reply to
Jason Purcell

I live in the greater Nashville area so I'll be there with the Slowstang. Just look for a white 1998 GT with Tennessee license plate "QWK98GT" and you will have found my car. I shouldn't be too far away from it.

Reply to
Tungsten

Unfortunately, no. I am going to Nashville next weekend for work though...I'm just looking forward to it being warmer weather than here.

Nick

Reply to
Nick

How do you like it? I'm considering moving there when school gets out. I'd love to hear what you have to say both positive and negative. Send me a private e mail sometime.

Mike

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

We are REALLY going to try, going to try to catch the convoy on it's way past us. If I don't get to go, it won't be for lack of desire!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

We got 4" of snow in the Lexington area yesterday! It's all gone today, but what a shocker!

Kate

| > Just curious. | >

| > Jason | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Leaving tonight, just after midnight, and will be staying through Sunday morning. Wouldn't miss it for nothin'.

dwight

- Driving the CFrog down from Philly

Reply to
dwight

Now Kate, you KNOW that if I move to TN, this sh*t better not be happenin' :-)

Mike

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

It got all the way up to 80 degrees here in Seattle on Sunday. :P Too darn hot for me, especially with all my nice Easter clothes on.

We were back to a much more reasonable (and typical) 54 with scattered showers today.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Well now, that's what *I* said... and I whispered to ol Mother Nature that I wasn't havin' none of that Tornado crap either... She pretty much tells me that she's the Mom, so she wil do anything she damn we;; pleases!

what can I say, I'm "The Mom" but she is one wacky woman!

| >We got 4" of snow in the Lexington area yesterday! | | | Mike | 1995 Eagle Talon TSi |

| Pics of all the old cars| |

Reply to
SVTKate

The only thing that might make me miss it is the lack of funds to go. We bought a bunch of stuff for the place the first of the month, and completely forgot about the show till it was too late.

Stupidity set in I guess

| > Just curious. | >

| > Jason | | Leaving tonight, just after midnight, and will be staying through Sunday | morning. Wouldn't miss it for nothin'. | | dwight |

- Driving the CFrog down from Philly | |

Reply to
SVTKate

I don't like Nashville-proper (Davidson County) very much but recognize it as a necessary evil every pay-day. If you live in one of the surrounding counties (Wilson, Williamson, Rutherford, etc.) as I do and just commute into Nashville for work or pleasure, it is a lot better.

The two things that I really *do* like about the area is the fact that it is central to so many other locations and that it has such a wide variety of leisure-time activities to enjoy.

Geography geeks will point out that Nashville is within a day's drive of something like 40% of the American population. And where you can't reach quickly by highway, you have Nashville International Airport to hop a cheap flight to even more destinations. :)

Nashville also has a fairly diverse cultural scene, which is great for people who like to be out on the town on weekends or who have kids and want them to be exposed to the arts and other positive influences as much as possible.

You've got an NFL franchise here, NHL franchise, soon it looks like we will have a semi-pro baseball franchise. We also have the Nashville Super Speedway which draws NASCAR events and they claim that a 1/4 mile strip will be finished sometime before hell freezes over. ;-)

There are a half-dozen or more 1/8 mile strips within two hours driving distance and Beech Bend Raceway's 1/4 mile strip is just a

1-1/2 hr drive up I-65 into Kentucky.

Museums, symphony, galleries, several 4-yr colleges, world class hospitals... you name it, it's here.

Reply to
Tungsten

I was there Friday and Saturday... didn't go today (Sunday) due to a desire to recover from the sunburn and attend to some other needs around the house. It's amazing how fast a lawn will grow after some Scotts Turfbuilder, several days of rain followed immediately by warm, sunny days. O_O

I looked for the Eagles jersey with T-Frog on the back and never spotted it. My car was positioned right at the edge of the gravel up against the bleecher structure on the late-model side.

Here's a pic. Maybe you saw it?

I had a great time as expected. The next major event like this, we'll have to figure out a time and place to meet up so that all of RAMFM members can put faces to names.

Reply to
Tungsten

Thanks David :-)

Mike

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

It's also amazing how fast an arm and a nose will burn, when exposed to consecutive beautiful sunny, warm days in Tennessee. I have a fine start on my driver's tan.

Sorry we missed you. As soon as we entered the show area inside, I spotted a Reef Blue hatchback GT and got to talkin' with the owner. (I thought I was anal... he put me to shame.) We wandered around outside for quite a while, and I might have missed your car because of the line of 5.0 Cop Stangs nearby!

It looked as if parking was attempted by type - all of the Bullitt Mustangs seemed to be in one row, there were about a dozen different yellow Mustangs together, etc. How you got mixed in with 5.0 Cobras...well, it don't make no sense.

That's what we did for the 35th, and it worked out alright. If we start now, we can finalize things by 2014.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Parking was a fiasco and I can't say that I encountered very many people who were pleased with the gravel lot in general either.

On Friday, I arrived around 7:30am and was one of the first 100 or so late models on the lot. The MCA personnel were basically parking is wherever the inclination struck them. When I saw that's how it was going to be, I ended up parking myself next to a friend of mine who happens to be one of my co-admins on Tennesspeed.

His was a 2001 Cobra drop-top... mine, a lethargic turd of a 1998 sled. ;-)

On Saturday the MCA staffers were finally starting to try to park the late models with a fraction of the same care that they had shown the early models. Can you hear me rolling my eyes? It was still a load of crap.

I arrived around 7:00 on Saturday and was directed down a lane of other SN95 cars. I ended up next to a 1979 Pace Car, an early 1980's GT and a friend's 1993 Cobra-R. God only knows how I would up in the middle of a bunch of Fox bodies. Two cars down from me the SN95 cars resumed.

The story behind the Bullitts all being together is rather funny. They arrived in a procession of about 75 cars and when they were told that there was no guarantee they would be parked next to each other, they informed the MCA officials that they were going to turn around and go home then and get a refund for their entry fees.

They got their parking. LOL

The only other cars that got similar treatment on the latel model side were the new Mach 1s, Saleens (against the fence) and what I think was a group representing the Yellow Mustang Registry.

Late models just don't get much love from the MCA officials. I wish that mentality would change!

I figure they'll have a 45th anniversary celebration in 2009... don't you?

Maybe some place where the cars can be shown on pavement or at least grassy lawns. No more gravel!!!

Reply to
Tungsten