keeping warranty in effect ?

I'm afraid I know the answer, but will ask other opinions.

Have had my '06 GT for 2 months now.....it has 02 miles on it. I'll drive it more in nice weather, but guess my annual mileage will be about

3-4000.

The warranty guide sez to change oil every 5000 miles or 6 months. Do I need to change it every 6 months to keep the warranty in effect - even though it may have only been driven 1000 miles in that time?

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

My guess would be yes. ONLY because they can call a technicality on you. "Oh, the oil was OLD so it didn't work right" It sat too long. or some other such nonsense. For the cost of an oil change every 6 months, why risk it? The hassle alone would make it worth the $30 odd bucks not to have to fight with them. That and they would make sure that all was right with the world, coolant levels, everything lubed and filled, air filter AOK and so on. It's not JUST about the oil ya know. Some of them even vacuum it out and wash the windshield.

You should follow a maintenance schedule no matter what, just to keep the car "fresh". Now that you drive a primadonna, you have to treat her like one :)

Sure am glad that my new rig's favorite accessory is mud.

Kate

06 Rubicon.
Reply to
Kate

Every 5K miles or 6 months, whichever comes first.

Reply to
.boB