Paper Thin Carpets

I have an 03 GT Vert with about 3200 miles on it and can you beleive that the carpet under the accelrator is already wearing through. I knew I had a lead foot but damn.. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Reply to
Michael

That's why you should'a been using MATS !!

Reply to
rayfox

Michael, I'm going to sound like a mom here.. ready?

Dumb-Ass!

You ALWAYS use mats in your car. It keeps the carpet from wearing (mine is a 98, the carpet is like NEW under the mats) keeps the soil from digging in and makes cleaning the car a whole lot easier.

What were you thinking?

Ok, go buy two sets of front mats, one set for the rear. When one set gets dirty, put in the clean ones, and wash the dirty ones, this will give them plenty of time to dry. Vacuum them once a week, wash them every other week. The dirt grinding into the fibers is what wears it out.

In the meantime, you are still under warranty... try to get them to replace the carpet and stop wearing your army boots when you get in the car.

*lecture mode off*

Kate PS: Buy the OEM mats, they cost more, but they FIT, don't slide around and they last a long long time if you will follow my destructions.

98 Cobra Drop Top
SVTKate

"Kate PS: Buy the OEM mats, they cost more, but they FIT, don't slide around and they last a long long time if you will follow my destructions.

98 Cobra Drop Top
"

follow your destructions? *WEG* (woot I used it again)

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

I have a 2003 Coupe with the same problem...I thought it was just my car...I noticed the spot and didnt know what to think...you think this is covered under warranty?

Reply to
Shane Metzler

I have the mats in my car...in fact they are in place where they should be with the little plastic piece, but where the carpet is wearing the mat doesnt reach to...

Reply to
Shane Metzler

BTW, the driver's one on my '97 is getting a thin spot by the accelerator now..... It's lasted a good long time, but I've cleaned it fairly regularly. So it looks like I'll be making a trip to the dealer unless someone knows where to get the Ford OEM mats but not from a dealer.

Reply to
Brent P

I assume you mean the mat, so yes. I've a huge worn spot were my right heel sits on the mat. I have a 2001 GT with 55K miles, and I've got a bare spot in my mat about six inches round.

Everything else has held up very well, but the mats suck.

- Max - ======= The best part about hating people is that I never run out of great ideas -- Dogbert

Reply to
Max C. Webster III

Hey wait a minute.. I do have mats... the wear spot is above the reach of the mats...

Reply to
Michael

Yep -- I have about 9.5K on my gt vert and same thing!!!! What do you want for 28k :(

Reply to
joe

I have a 98 Mustang GT & my carpets are practically like new! No worn spots at all. I read this thread & went to check lol. If it was worn on your newer cars I'd definitely try to get it under warranty.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

at 20 Oct 2003, [ snipped-for-privacy@recorddeal.com] wrote in news:92%kb.739$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com:

Same here with my 95 V6. It's always had mats and the carpet underneat looks almost spotless. I wonder if the 99+ have shorter mats or have something moved to cause this wear spot where the mats are not there to protect. Maybe the pedal positions?

Since I only have limited travel up/down in my left foot I tend to have to drag my heel accross to mat while operating the pedals. This does mean I wear out a mat quicker that 'normal' people. :-)

Reply to
Paul

Yeah my foot brushes against the mat too when I drive... but still no wear hardly. Nothing noticeable even up close.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Michael,

Let me know what you are going to do about your carpets...I think a trip down to my local ford is what I am going to do to see what they say about the problem...I will keep you posted.

Reply to
Shane Metzler

I called the service dept and they offered to replace the carpeting.. of course if it's the same grade, what the hell good is that.

Reply to
Michael

better than nothing... ?) ;¬D

Kate

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

There must be an advantage to driving a "Beta up ol' Ford" aye?

Kate

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Michael,

Thanks, I will be calling also,

Reply to
Shane Metzler

I have Mustang rubber matts that I purchased at my Ford dealer. They may not look as nice as the carpet matts, but I have dirt driveway so they are just what I needed. Martin 2002GT 5 spd AutoMeter Lunar gauge cluster Hurst Billet Plus shifter K&N Magnaflow Cat-back

Reply to
Martin