2004 Mustang GT v8 auto

Hi. I just test drove a 2004 Mustang GT v8 automatic. It was a very nice ride. But I would like to hear what people out there think if this car. It is a pile of junk? Are they any good? Are they worth the $$$ ? I can get it for $20,000 brand new which is a good deal. But, it is a Ford and that does worry me.

Any first hand advice would be great!! Thanks. Matt

Reply to
matt

I have experenced two warranty issues that took a little time to correct. First there was a water leak on the passanger side and the foot well would get pretty wet after a storm. My dealer replaced the door gasket, then it fell of the next day. Reinstalled by the dealer and that night it rained and there was still a lot of water getting it. They finally determined that when the windshild was installed there was a 12 inch gap with no sealent. They installed a new windshield and the problem went away.

The second problem was a hard intermittent pull to the right when applying the breaks. This would happen under dry or wet conditions. Dealer could not find a problem, but it continued to get worse. Third trip in they determined that a wheel speed sensor was faulty. One it was replaced it went away untill about 1 month agao. Happens now once in a while, but have not had the time to go back.

Other than that I love my Stang. I have added a Magnaflow cat back, Hurst short throw shifter, AuotoMeter gauges, Accufab plenum with 70mm TB.

2002GT 5spd 243rwhp 285rwtq

Martin

Reply to
Martin

I have an '03 GT Vert 5spd. One minor problem with a rubber boot around the rear window, but that was my fault. I put the top down with the rear window up.

Reply to
joe
** Hi. I just test drove a 2004 Mustang GT v8 automatic. It was a very ** nice ride. But I would like to hear what people out there think if ** this car. It is a pile of junk? Are they any good? Are they worth ** the $$$ ? I can get it for $20,000 brand new which is a good deal. ** But, it is a Ford and that does worry me.

One must wonder why you would take the time to visit your local Ford Dealer, when Ford vehicles clearly do not appeal to you.

Reply to
JD Adams

wait for the 2005 ... ;-)

Reply to
Shardool Karnik

dude ... even the skeptics can't resist Mustangs ;-)...

Reply to
Shardool Karnik

I would wait for the 2005. Test both, but the 04 price will drop like a rock when the 05 hits the dealer show room

Reply to
JimC

I wonder how much it might drop

Reply to