Lime Gold

Ah, the classic color we all love to hate. Actually not too bad when the paint is fresh. Here's a '68 with a transplanted Windsor. I like the unique approach to detail in this car; the body color intake, polished A/C compressor, clean intercooler install.

Wait just a damn minute!!! Did I say *intercooler*?

CobraJet

Never was one for Lime Gold, but that car is very well done. Whoever did the body and engine took loads of time.... and I'd hate to line up next to him.

I always thought turbo-carbureted cars were a mother to ever get to run right, though, just based on how a carb functions... wonder how long it took to tune this beast... and if the owner really drives it or it's just a trailer queen.

JS

Reply to
JS

Don't know for sure about any of that. It was a very fresh car all around, and the owner was elsewhere at the time. However, turbos and carbs have been around a long time, so there's obviously some existing science to it.

Back at a small local car show roundabout '74, there was a guy with a twin-turbo dual-quad big block Chevelle. It was a beast, and he made a pass down the street to prove it. His car was one of three that I had seen sporting a clear resin hood. Never found out who was making those, but a Boss 429 was one of the others.

Reply to
CobraJet

Speaking of lime gold, there was an '05 in the showroom of one of the local ford dealers that is painted a color very much like it.

Reply to
Brent P

Yep, it's part of that retro thing, but I'm not sure they picked the right color. True, Lime Gold was hugely popular back then, as the populace was very much into earth tones. Now, I don't know that it's going to fly. The "Grabber Blue" Mach I last year was nifty, but I think they could have done a new version of Royal Maroon or Indian Fire for '05. I'm getting so tired of silver cars. I really like the Nissan version of Emberglo.

Reply to
CobraJet

Pretty neat. Wonder if it runs as good as it looks. The Lime Gold? Well, like you said, not too bad when fresh. Just as long as they don't have Red/Blue/Aqua interiors as few from the factory did. Oh those psychedelic flower power years. Today, you have to wonder how many restorations are done, say in typical Candyapple Red with a Lime Gold paint code that says otherwise...

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R

Either Al or myself will get in touch with this guy and see if there is a story to be told.

Lots. My friend's '68 GT500 Shelby in Presidential Blue is a Lime Gold car. Here's a hi-res shot of his low-tech 600 hp dinosaur engine that of course is no match for your average computerized 4.6

CobraJet

I am on my second Lime Gold '67 Mustang. The first was painted Rangoon Red (with Iron Oxide accents), and this one is painted Dark Highland Green.

Reply to
Wound Up

Now that's wicked. I bet that's fun to keep tuned...

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 09:51:04 -0700, CobraJet wrote something wonderfully witty:

Wasn't the lowly Corvair Turboed with a carb in the early 60's straight from the factory?

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Indeed it was. Not exactly sure of the year, mid 60s I think. 180 hp of pure terror.

So, a CIO, huh? Any compadres of yours looking for a Business Analyst in St. Louis?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Reply to
Wound Up

He's been messing around with those Webers on and off for twenty years. They are finicky, use a lot of gas, and change the tone of the engine in a way I'm not quite crazy about. But they look great and haul ass.

Reply to
CobraJet

Wound Up wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@your.disposal:

The turbo was made in '65 and '66 and produced 180 HP @ 4000 RPM from

164 CI. The carb was actually ahead of the turbo:
However, a common mod was to mount a carb per side like the 110 motor and have the turbo blow through:
Joe

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 04:32:37 GMT, Wound Up wrote something wonderfully witty:

None that I know of at this time, but I am going to a conference next month and will keep an ear open for ya.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Hey, I appreciate it. Currently out of work, solid resume, MBA. Few personal contacts here. Let me know if you want more info from me. Much obliged.

Reply to
Wound Up

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 05:03:33 GMT, Wound Up wrote something wonderfully witty:

Never a problem. What goes around comes around. Who knows when I might need a resource when I'm on the bricks. Does it have to be in St Louie?

Reply to
ZombyWoof

(snipped headers)

Thanks again for the good spirit. Unfortunately yes, the St. Louis area. I would commute long distances, which includes the Metro East in Ill. (Belleville, Collinsville etc.), and on this side, St. Charles, O'Fallon... Wentzville even... but not much else is out there, I'm afraid. I am simply unable to re-locate at this time... too bad, too, because it would open up many more opportunities..

Reply to
Wound Up

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:55:02 GMT, Wound Up wrote something wonderfully witty:

I'll keep an ear to the ground. At these confluences somebody is always pissing & moaning about not being able to hire this or that.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Again, I do sincerely appreciate it. I'll be watching this thread.

Reply to
Wound Up

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:05:37 GMT, Wound Up wrote something wonderfully witty:

Actually drop me an e-mail a snipped-for-privacy@cox.net I'll add you up into my address book so that I can let you know about anything via e-mail. Understand that there are no promises here other then keepin my ears open.

Reply to
ZombyWoof