Looking For Good 6"x8" Speaker Upgrade For Wife's Mustang?

Hi,

She drives a 2001 coupe with 4 factory 6"x 8"s. I'm not really sure it would make that much difference in sound?... but I figure it couldn't hurt. Not looking to spend a lot of money here. I found some Sony XS-W5721s pretty cheap. I have Polks in my truck but they didn't start sounding good until I upgraded the head unit and amp. She DOES NOT want that kind of install.... just clearer sound.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
mysig

I put a set of Cerwin Vega 6x8s in my 95 Mustang. Even with the stock cassette head unit they sounded better. They helped most with the low end.

The rear deck speakers were a PITA to change. The bolt down from the top not up from the bottom so the whole rear package shelf had to be pulled out. I hope the newer cars have changed that.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG