Looking for input re: Cobra FS '99

My brother has a '99 Cobra convertible he has asked me to sell for him because he lives in a pretty rural area and I live in Atlanta.

The car is black/black & is just about to turn over 36,000 miles. It is in showroom condition, never spent a night outside. He bought it for himself to drive but realized within a week that if he kept this car he would lose his license, so he gave it to the lady who runs one of his companies as a company car. She is in her 40's and married to a Pastor, and has another car of her own, so the Cobra was only driven on the nicest of days, and never driven hard. Certainly not raced. It has no modifications, and I expect it would be hard to find another one as pristine as this one. The only things to have been done to it since it left the factory is oil changes & 1 set of tires, which are like new.

It is a truly amazing car to drive. Very fun. If I had a place to keep it I'd buy it myself, but I already have 4 other cars and only a 3 car garage. One of mine is outside now until the Cobra is sold.

He wants at least $19K for the car, which I feel like is a little on the high side.

What do you guys (& maybe girls) think? How would you go about marketing this car? Is this a good or bad time of year to try to sell a convertible? Any suggestions??? Auto Trader? Local paper? Web ad??

Any input appreciated!

John

Reply to
johnH