MAF torx bit??

I need to clean the MAF on my 96GT, but the torx screw has a *stud* in the center. Where can i get the correct tool?

Also, is there anything to be especially careful of when cleaning it?

Thanks

Marc

Reply to
Marc

On 8/11/2003 10:52 AM, Marc felt the need to say:

What you're looking for is called a Security Torx bit or driver. I know that Sears has a 6 bit package for about 10 bucks (Sears item #00925702000), but you should be able to find it anywhere with more tools than a drug store. Home Depot, Lowes, many automotive parts places, etc.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

T20 tamperproof TorX.... available at most autoparts stores. Use brake cleaner to clean the sensing wires.... if you do need to touch them with anything, use a very soft childs toothbrush very, very gently. Don't touch the sensing wires with your fingers. Allow it to air dry before you reinstall it.

Jim Warman

Thanks. I was at Sears yesterday, but could not find them. I'll go over to the other bigger Sears this week with that part #.

Reply to
Marc

Thanks. Brake Cleaner, huh? I always read to use Elecronic Contact Cleaner???

Reply to
Marc

If you can't find the security tools, I just snap the little stud off with a real small screw driver. Then use the Torx

Reply to
GILL

Marc as in Warden? Long time no hear from (if it's you). Didn't you get a F-Body or a Porsche or something?

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

I bought a set of the security license plate screw which come with a required Allen wrench. I then threw the screws away and used the Allen wrench on my MAF. Cheap and easy.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

No Warden here. I just lurk from time to time.

Reply to
Marc