make it stop??

the last few weeks my gt is making a chirping or whistle sound when it idles. when i speed up it goes away then returns whent it idles at a stop sign. i put a few sprays of wd-40 on the alt pulley and the tension pulley and it stoppes. then return after a hour or so of driving. i`m a person that like to hear things run right? this little sound is bugging me. i checked the belt it`s in great shape. anyone know anything like this and what i could do to stop it? thanks for any info. it is in the belt - pulley system. mp 99 chrome yellow GT

Reply to
Michael price

WD-40 doesn't last long - as you know. Remove the belt and clean it well. Also, clean all the pulleys. While you're cleaning them be sure and check if any are loose or out of alignment - especially the idler pulley. If it still makes noise, spray on a little belt dressing.

Reply to
.boB

Reply to
walt peifer