Modding Costs: It aint the Ante that breaks ya..

It's the Raises.

Found this while looking for something else.

Even tho it's an SHO, I think it's on-topic

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Do you see his accident page? I like this part:

"The problem is that the insurance company wants to give me book value for the 95 SHO, and aside from the fact that I owe more than that on the auto loan, I have approximately $40,000 into the car beyond the value. "

So, he has $40,000 to modify the car with but not enough to pay off the loan?

Reply to
Jim S.

Regardless of whether or not the SHO owner was smart with his money, it's still a bitch that he could be out his car and the actual time and money it took to build that car just because of another driver screwed up. As someone who has poured more money into older cars than they were worth in terms of book value just because I like them, I can sympathize. I wonder if anyone in a similar situation has successfully sued the offending driver and won a judgement to cover the actual cost of the total car?

~angela email not valid

Reply to
defeated