Mustang Computer in Lincoln

What will happen if I put a 97 Mustang Computer in a 97 Lincoln, since they basically have the same engines.

Reply to
jhamil25

Firmer shifting?

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Will the top end speed increase?

Reply to
jhamil25

Maybe, but the ECU from an Interceptor(140 mph+) would be mapped out much better for the TownCar. Neither would likely work in the Continental(4.6? Yes. Same engine? No.).

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

How is it not the same engine. It's a Dohc V-8. Look it up.

Reply to
jhamil25

Continental is DOHC, transverse installation, front wheel drive, on a Taurus/Sable front subframe, much different transmission & calibration.

TownCar is a SOHC, RWD, same basic transmission as Mustang, calibrated quite differently & purpose built to the platform.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

But we were talking about engines. Not that other stuff.

Reply to
jhamil25

OK...

Continental is DOHC, transverse installation, front wheel drive, (substantially different engine)completely different calibration.

TownCar is a SOHC, Rear Wheel Drive,(substantially different engine), completely different calibration.

That "other stuff" is all run by the computer, so don't discount or ignore it.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Its hard to say. If you are after more performance then just have an add-on chip burned. Your results will be much more satisfying and less risky.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

How do I get an add on chip burned?

Reply to
jhamil25

Just about any local speed shop with a dyno can do them.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

How much are those?

Reply to
jhamil25

I suggest contacting your local speed shops for pricing.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE