Mustang GT vs. Dodge RT

The guys who drive Dodge Trucks watch too many televison commercials. No Dodge Truck has ever come close to beating my 2001 Mustang GT. If one ever does, which
I doubt, I will bring out my 1970 Pontiac GTO, which has rarely been beaten and only by real sport cars, and spins the tires at 55mph, try that with a Mustang.
u havent raced my 92 LX ;)

Dodge Truck has ever come close to beating my 2001 Mustang GT. If one ever does, which I doubt, I will bring out my 1970 Pontiac GTO, which has rarely been beaten and only by real sport cars, and spins the tires at 55mph, try that with a Mustang.

rarely

or my old 93 LX.... Erik D. '94 white lightning
Or my 95GT 331
LJH 95GT

I might as well take a shot at him in my '89 LX. It looks stock. :)
Larry Hepinstall wrote:

Well fellows, I appreciate your humor, but this car has only been beaten by Corvettes by half a car length, so shoot away, the truth prevails. It soon will undergo full restoration and be more than it was.
Anonymous Sender wrote:

Corvettes by half a car length, so shoot away, the truth prevails. It soon will undergo full restoration and be more than it was.

I've beaten quite a few Corvettes so that really doesn't mean much. I've owned some 60's muscle cars and so has my brother. The last time he drove my car he said it was by far the fastest car he had ever driven. It's also the fastest car I have ever owned hands down. The older cars are fast but today's Mustang's, Camaros, Firebirds, Corvettes etc. are simply much better in all categories. With the after market performance parts available and the use of computer controlled fuel injection/timing they can be made incredibly fast. You had better have thrown the whole Summit catalog at that GTO to run with some of late model cars I have seen. They drive to the track with the A/C on, rip off several mid to low 10 second quarter miles and drive back home with the A/C cranking again. There's Mustangs that run in the 9's that are driven to, and from, the track. They can also be daily drivers with great reliability. If you want to talk about handling and braking then your Goat is going to be left in the dust by the newer cars. The old 60' and 70's muscle cars are great but they have nothing on the newer pony/sport cars.
snipped-for-privacy@remailer.metacolo.com (Anonymous Sender) wrote in

Don't get too cocky. There is a stock, off-the-showroom-floor truck which will beat both your MGT and GTO -- my '03 Lightning. I know from experiencs. :D
-- Jim
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:38:54 GMT, but_I_dont_like snipped-for-privacy@wink-wink.nudge-nudge.com (Jim J) wrote:

All things being equal (driver skill) the Lightning would have a hard time beating the Mustang GT. The times are so close in 0-60 that really only driver skill would seperate the two.
There are times for the Lightning going at 5.8 average.
The Mustang GT hit's 5.6 to 5.4 consistently.
snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (wrestleantares) wrote in

You're quoting the slowest times for the 1999-2001 Lightning (most run 5.4). The 0-60 time for a 2002-2003 Lightning is 5.2 seconds. Having come up against a few newer MGTs (including the 2003 I beat a couple days ago), I know from experience that a stock '03 Lightning will walk away from a stock MGT 0-60.
-- Jim