Need battery tray for Optima

When I replaced my battery with an Optima Yellow Top, the factory tray was too big. Is there a direct replacement or do I need to have one customized?

Tia.

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy

When you bought the battery it should have come with some plastic adaptors that snap onto the base that will make the battery fit the Ford trays. If you go to the Optima battery website and send an email to them requesting the part # for this part they will send it to you. Then visit an Optima dealer and they should be able to order the part for you. Less than $3 for the pieces.

Casey

customized?

Reply to
David C. Johnson

Cool! Thanks, Casey!!! Oh, and no, it didn't come with adaptors. I wonder why?

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy

I bought my Yellow Top at Sam's Club, and it too did not have adapters. I called Optima at their 1-800 number, and they sent me the correct adapters for my '01 GT for free. They arrived in about 5 days via regular US Postal. Hope this helps.

Reply to
Fernando

Look at Jeg's, I bought one made by Aero Space Products or something. It's billet aluminum cnc'ed made especially to hold an Optima battery.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]